Raspberry coconut slice
This raspberry coconut slice is amazing for morning or afternoon tea, even if you’re on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge! It’s so yummy and tastes a bit like an Anzac biscuit too!
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 ½ cups oats
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar more or less depending on how sweet you like it
- dash of salt
- ⅔ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 large lightly beaten egg
- 2 tbsp honey
- ⅔ cup shredded coconut
- The Healthy Mummy chia berry jam
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a 20 X 20 cm tray with baking paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in a ball thoroughly, leaving coconut and jam aside.
- Put 2/3 of the mixture into the baking try and press down firmly .
- Top with a layer of the jam. I used just over a cup, but can be more of less depending on taste.
- With the remaining 1/3 of the mixture, mix the coconut through with a spoon or your hands. Pour evenly over the top of the slice and then press down with a spoon to help it hold together.
- Bake in the oven for approx 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Leave to cool, then refrigerate and enjoy!!
Approximate calories per square: 180
Here is the recipe for chia berry jam.