Roasted Carrot and Haloumi Couscous Salad
Warm summers night dinner or simple meal prep? You can’t go wrong with this flavour packed Roasted Carrot and Haloumi Couscous Salad.
Packed with plenty of protein, healthy carbs and fibre, it will fill you up and keep your energy levels stable so you can fire on all cylinders.
Love a good salad? Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Members of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge have access to loads of yummy salad recipes like Thai Beef, Healthy Nicoise and summery Prawn and Avocado. YUM!
- 1 cup dried couscous
- 6 large carrots peeled and sliced length ways.
- 185 g haloumi cheese sliced
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp harissa seasoning
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Place carrots on to lined baking tray and drizzle with ½ tbsp. olive oil, roast for 10 minutes.
- Add sliced red onion to carrot tray and return to oven for a further 20 minutes.
- Cook couscous per packet instructions, once cooked stir through ½ tbsp olive oil, chopped spinach and harissa seasoning.
- Pan-fry haloumi cheese on medium heat until browned.
- Portion out couscous mixture topping with roasted carrots and onion then haloumi.
- Store in air tight container, keeping refrigerated for up to two days.
Makes 4 serves at 395 calories per serve.
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.