Salted sticky date and dark chocolate chip cookies
We love 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Erin McCrae’s recipe that she has sent in today. Introducing the Salted sticky date dark chocolate chip cookies recipe!
These chocolate chip cookies taste like salted caramel thanks to the sweet dates and the tiny pinch of salt on top of each cookie to bring out the flavours.
They’re nut free so perfect for school lunch boxes too. Enjoy two cookies with a cuppa for a sweet morning tea or share with the family this weekend. They can be mixed in a bowl and baked in around 15 minutes.
As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge we know how much you love your healthy cookie options.
That’s why you’ll find recipes like spicy ginger cookies, chewy coconut cookies and flourless peanut butter cookies.
- 1.5 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dark choc chips
- 10 dried dates finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp water you may not need it all
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line two trays with baking paper.
- Mix all the ingredients together adding a little water if needed to help bind it all together.
- Make 24 small balls and place them on the trays.
- Sprinkle a tiny bit of salt on top of each.
- Bake for 12-15 mins or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack and then store in an airtight container.
60 calories per cookie.
Want to access thousands of healthy snacks like this one?
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add 300+ NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.