Sesame Salmon Kebabs with Green Beans
Check out these delicious and healthy Sesame Salmon Kebabs with Green Beans for simplicity and deliciousness poked on a stick!
Looking for something healthy and simple to take to your next BBQ or camping trip? Check out these delicious and healthy Sesame Salmon Kebabs with Green Beans for simplicity and deliciousness poked on a stick!
Salmon is a good source of lean protein, Omega-3 fatty acids, essential vitamins and minerals, making it a great choice when battling belly bulge or looking for a healthy recipe to add to your meal plan.
There are also ways to personalise, like using a gluten-free soy sauce (tamari) if required or switching the fish to another firm fish.
|Prep Time||40 mins|
|Cook Time||10 mins|
- 1 tsp fresh dill, chopped 1.25 grams
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped 5 grams
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard 16 grams
- 1 tsp soy sauce, salt reduced 5 mls
- 2 tbsp lemon juice 40 mls
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin 0.25 grams
- 200 grams salmon steak or firm fish of choice
- 1 tbsp black or white sesame seeds 16 grams
- cooking oil spray
- 1/2 cup green beans, trimmed 60 grams
- Combine dill, parsley, mustard, soy sauce, lemon juice and cumin in a bowl.
- Slice salmon into cubes and place in the bowl with the herb marinade. Toss to combine well. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to marinate.
- When ready to serve, thread the salmon pieces onto skewers, approximately 2-3 skewers per serve.
- If you’re using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before use to prevent them from burning while cooking.
- Sprinkle the salmon kebabs with sesame seeds.
- Heat a frying pan or barbecue hot plate to medium-high and lightly spray with cooking oil spray.
- Cook the salmon kebabs, turning during cooking for about 5-7 minutes or until the fish is opaque and cooked to your liking.
- While the salmon is cooking, steam the beans on the stovetop or in the microwave for 3-4 minutes, until tender-crisp.
- Serve salmon kebabs alongside beans.
410 calories per serve