Spiced grilled chicken with honey baked carrot fries
Talk about a colourful meal! This protein packed dish is loaded with flavour and nutrition, not to mention every colour of the rainbow.
When it comes to vegetables, roasting gives such a depth of flavour. These baked carrot sticks will have the kids coming back for more!
This recipe was sent in by 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Cassie. Thanks Cassie for your delicious recipes, we can’t wait to give this one a try!
If you love cheap and cheerful carrots, make them the star of your meals with the recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Think Carrot and Banana Pancakes, Moroccan Carrot and White Bean Dip, or Cheesy Carrot Soup.
- 500 grams chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 5 large carrots cut into sticks
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 4 cups mixed lettuce
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Place carrot sticks on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp honey.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Toss chicken in smoked paprika and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Heat large frypan on medium heat, carefully place chicken in pan.
- Grill chicken on both sides until cooked through, or around 10-15 minutes.
- Mix yoghurt, lemon zest and mint together in a small bowl.
- Mix lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes together.
- Serve cooked chicken with carrot fries, salad and yoghurt.
350 calories per serve
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.