Spinach and Herb Filo Triangles
Here’s a delicious lunch or dinner recipe that you can have on the table in half an hour.
These Spinach and Herb Filo Triangles are a tasty option with some steamed veggies or salad, or even as an easy lunchbox option.
If your little ones aren’t keen on eating things with ‘green’ bits in them, start by preparing this recipe with ricotta only, or substitute spinach for peeled zucchini.
This recipe comes directly from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Each month our weight loss challenges are themed, based on different ways to help make it easier for mums.
It might be budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more. You can find out the theme of next month’s challenge HERE.
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 tsp water
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic crushed
- 2 free-range eggs lightly beaten
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place spinach in a microwave safe bowl with the water. Microwave on high for 30 seconds or until spinach has wilted. Allow to cool and then squeeze out any excess water with your hands.
- Place spinach in a bowl with ricotta, basil, garlic and egg. Season with pepper to taste and combine well.
- Remove filo from packet. Brush a little melted butter over one sheet of pastry and then top with other sheet. Cut pastry sheets in half lengthways into two long strips per sheet.
- Add half of the spinach mix at one end of one of the pastry rectangles, leaving a little room at the edge for sealing. Fold the pastry over the spinach filling in a diagonal, to form a triangle shape and continue wrapping the pastry around the triangle, to use up the whole filo rectangle.
- Brush with a little more butter on the edges to seal as well as over the top of the triangle. Repeat with remaining sheet of pastry and spinach mix so you have two triangles per serve.
- Place triangles on a lined baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
339 calories per serve