Sticky date, cashew and cinnamon bites
When you are looking for a healthy snack to fill the gap until your next meal, look to fruit and nuts.
Nuts are packed with protein which will help to keep you fuller for longer. Sweetened with dates and a little maple syrup, these bites are a great hunger buster.
Making your own healthy snacks from pantry cupboard staples is so easy as a member of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Think coconut bliss balls, chocolate slice and quick fruit breads – all simple and all so tasty.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cacao can use cocoa
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Soak dates in boiling water for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Quickly blitz cashews so they are chopped but still chunky.
- Add remaining ingredients to cashews and blitz quickly until just combined.
- Form into bite size balls, flatten, and place on a plate in the fridge to set.
- Keep stored in the fridge in an airtight container.
135 calories each.
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is home to thousands of recipes to help busy mums lose the baby weight all while eating delicious, healthy meals.
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE.