Sticky Ginger & Pineapple Baked Ham
This Sticky Ginger & Pineapple Baked Ham is a healthier version of a festive baked ham from The Healthy Mummy app.
A healthy version of a festive baked ham. Make at your next family gathering for a special celebration meal.
You’ll LOVE the Christmas recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
|Prep Time||20 mins|
|Cook Time||100 mins|
- 1 cup tinned crushed pineapple (160 grams)
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice, unsweetened (62.5 mls)
- 3 tbsp crystallised ginger, finely diced (45 grams)
- 1 tbsp tamari (gluten free soy sauce) (20 mls)
- 1 tsp ground ginger (1 grams)
- 1 tsp onion powder (1 grams)
- 1 clove garlic crushed (3 grams)
- 1 cup coconut sugar (200 grams)
- 1 tbsp hot English mustard (16 grams)
- 1 tbsp Cornflour (10 grams)
- 3000 grams leg of ham with bone
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds (20 grams)
- Prepare the glaze by placing the pineapple, pineapple juice, crystallised ginger, tamari, ground ginger, onion powder, garlic, sugar, mustard and cornflour in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and stir for a few minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and allow to cool a little.
- Preheat the oven to 160C and line a large baking dish with baking paper.
- Prepare the ham by removing the skin, leaving 2mm of the fat on the flesh. Cut really fine slices, about 2cm deep and 2-5mm apart, into the ham all the way across it and back again in the opposite direction to form a criss cross pattern.
- Cover the end of the bone with baking paper and foil so it doesn't burn or dry out.
- Rub the cooled glaze all over the ham and place in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for an hour then turn up the oven to 200C and bake for a further 30 minutes or until the glaze becomes really sticky and caramelised.
- Sprinkle with fresh pomegranate seeds and place on a serving platter. Slice finely to serve alongside your chosen side dishes.
Christmas doesn’t mean that all of your hard work from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge needs to fall by the wayside. We’ve got over 150 healthy festive recipes that the whole family will love – in our Christmas Recipe Book.
PLUS to help you beat the bloat after the festive season you can join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.