Yummy strawberry and apple crumble bites
When our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Suz Lee showed us her recipe for healthy strawberry and apple crumble bites we couldn’t wait to share it with you.
These delicious and healthy strawberry and apple crumble bites are an adaptation from our popular healthy gluten free apple crumble recipe.
Made with mini tortilla shells, they are perfect for a tasty handheld dessert, or even for taking on a picnic.
Versatile enough to hold sweet or savoury fillings, mini tortilla shells are fast becoming a staple pantry item. Check out a savoury option with these popular Taco Boats .
- 4 large apples
- 1 large unwaxed lemon zested and juiced
- 1/2 punnet strawberries
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp sweetener such as stevia, agave nectar or honey
- 100 grams rolled oats
- 50 grams almond meal
- 50 grams butter
- 3 tsp sweetener such as stevia, agave nectar or honey
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 pckt mini wholemeal tortilla boats
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease an oven dish.
- Wash, peel and core apples. Chop into small slices. Combine apples, lemon juice and zest, cinnamon and sweeter (if using). Scoop ingredients into 5 mini tortilla shells.
- In a blender, place the oats, almond meal, coconut, butter and sweetener (if using). Pulse until blended - the mixture should resemble coarse breadcrumbs. Alternatively, place the oats, almond meal and coconut into a bowl and rub the butter and sweetener into the mixture with fingertips. Sprinkle crumble evenly over the apple / strawberry mixture.
- Baked at 180C for 10 minutes, and then reduce the oven temperature to 150C and bake for a further 15 minutes.
Serves 5 at 295 per serve.
If you want to know how The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is helping tens of thousands of mums lose weight and make family meal time easy then click here – and the challenges run every month so you can start at any time!