YUMMY Strawberry Yoghurt Mousse With Berry Coulis
This mousse is so easy to prepare, yet makes a fantastic looking dessert – especially for kids.
Just make the mousse ahead of time and leave in the refrigerator for when you need it.
This recipe comes from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge which is made for busy mums who want to lose weight the healthy way.
Gelatine is available at the supermarket and is quite easy to work with. Experiment with different fruits once you get the hang of this one.
- 2 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 60 mls water
- 150 g strawberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup reduced-fat Greek natural yoghurt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sprinkle gelatine over water and leave to soften for a few minutes. Set bowl of gelatine mixture over a bowl or pan of hot water and stir until gelatine is dissolved and liquid is clear.
- Set aside one strawberry per serve, hull and slice the rest.
- Combine sliced strawberries, yoghurt, dissolved gelatine and half the maple syrup in a small serving dish. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, thaw raspberries, mash with a fork and stir through remaining maple syrup and lemon juice. Slice reserved strawberry, combine with raspberry sauce and pour over mousse.
209 calories per serve
We’ve got so many delicious mousse recipes for members, including classic Chocolate Mousse, Snickers Mousse, Coconut Lime Mousse and even a Peach and Coconut Mousse. YUM!
Join HERE to access all of these recipes and hundreds more.