There are not too many foods that can double as breakfast OR a dessert, but this is definitely one of them. This Poaching Pears Recipe gives them a super soft bite, and the flavours from the poaching liquid are given time to infuse into the pear flesh. Poaching is a great cooking method when you are trying to lose weight, as you get all the flavour without the need to use any oils or butter for cooking in.
There are so many reasons why pears are good for you.
- They contain fibre, which is a necessary element of a healthy diet. Fibre helps sustain blood sugar levels and promotes regularity.
- They can give you an antioxidant boost – as pears ripen, chlorophyll breaks down into active antioxidants in the skin and the flesh just below it.
- They contain Vitamin C which helps you to absorb iron
- Pears can boost your brainpower due to their copper content
- The high content of folate (folic acid) means they are a great snack for pregnant women
These are delicious for dessert served warm with natural or Greek yoghurt and a sprinkling of hazelnuts.
They also work well cold for breakfast on top of porridge or muesli.
You could even add them to your Healthy Mummy Smoothie.
Want more Healthy recipes like this Poaching Pears Recipe? Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
This recipe from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and is a yummy example of just SOME of the delicious, healthy and easy to make snacks and meals you can tuck in to.
With over 4,500 recipes to choose from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge helps you eat well (and deliciously) with ease and while losing weight Start your Healthy Mummy Journey Today.
You can learn more about our Challenge HERE.
Are You Ready To Become A Healthy Mummy?
If you’re looking for more best and easy, low-budget, healthy meals like this delicious recipe, you’ll love our Winter Weight Loss Challenge.
You’ll have access to 3,000 recipes, 28 days of customisable, breastfeeding-friendly meal plans each month as well as daily mum-friendly exercise plans.
Thousands of mums take part in our challenges every month and have lost 2 million kilos between them!
Prices start from less than a dollar a day. Learn More Now