Sweet chilli chicken with asparagus and sweet potato
What a delicious family meal this is, and it’s so easy to prepare. Most of the preparation is roasting the sweet potatoes, which is done by the oven while you can go and do something else.
Cook extra chicken so you have leftovers to use in other meals for the week – think chicken salads, chicken wraps, or chicken rice paper rolls with fresh salad.
As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge we love giving you recipes for family friendly meals that are easy to throw together. Find out more about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.
- 1 sweet potato peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 240 grams chicken breast fillets
- Olive oil spray
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus trimmed
- 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat Greek natural yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180C. Season sweet potato with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil. Combine well and spread over a lined baking tray. Roast in oven for 30 minutes or until tender and golden.
- About 10 minutes before sweet potato is ready, season chicken with salt and pepper and lightly spray a frying pan with cooking oil. Heat over medium-high and cook chicken for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- When chicken is almost cooked, add asparagus and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Combine sweet chilli sauce with yoghurt.
- Serve chicken with asparagus and roast sweet potato. Dollop with sweet chilli yoghurt to serve.
338 calories per serve.
Want to access thousands of healthy snacks like this one?
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add 300+ NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.