Thermomixing Lamb Koftas
Thermies are great for grinding spices and making sauces, here, you can do both.
These Koftas are always popular around the table at our place and they make great lunchbox fillers for the next day.
- 500 g lean lamb mince
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- Olive oil spray
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Make the Tzatziki first by blitzing the garlic & mint on speed 8 for10 sec.
- Add the cucumber and blitz on speed 4 for 2 seconds, scrape down the sides and blitz again on speed 4 for 1-2 seconds.
- Add the yoghurt and mix on slow speed for 10 seconds. Take out and set aside.
- Next, use your Thermie to grind the spices for the koftas by putting the garlic, rosemary and cumin in and blitzing on speed 8 for 15 seconds.
- Scrape out and put aside
- If making your own mince in the Thermie, follow instructions in EDC.
- I like to mix the meat & spices by hand, but you could do it in the Thermie by adding the spices into the meat in the Thermie and blitzing on speed 4 for a few seconds.
- Divide the mixture into 8 balls.
- Using wet hands, roll the balls on a board into long thin tubes.
- Heat a frying pan or BBQ on high heat.
- Thread the koftas onto wooden or metal skewers and spray with olive oil, or use Fun With my Thermie’s homemade Ghee. Cook for around 4 mins on each side, until golden.
- Serve the hot koftas on a plate with the tzatziki.
Koftas: Calories per serve: 220. Tzatziki: Calories per serve: 105