Vegan Creamy Chocolate Pie
This delicious Vegan Creamy Chocolate Pie is a family friendly dessert straight from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Ensure you use a dairy free dark chocolate to keep this recipe vegan-friendly.
|Prep Time||15 mins|
- 1 cup sunflower seeds (192 grams)
- 1 medjool dates fresh, pitted (15 grams)
- 1 tsp cacao/cocoa powder (2 grams)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (0.5 grams)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (40 mls)
- 1 & 1/8 cup full fat coconut cream (270 grams)
- 100 grams dark chocolate 70% melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mls)
- 1 tbs psyllium husks (16 grams)
- Line a 20cm round springform cake tin with baking paper.
- Make the pie crust by blending sunflower seeds, date, cacao/cocoa powder and cinnamon until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add the coconut oil and blend until it just holds together
- Press the crust into the prepared tin, coming up the sides of the tin about 1-1.5cm. Place in the fridge while making the filling.
- Blend the coconut cream, melted chocolate and vanilla until smooth. Add psyllium husks and blend again to combine.
- Pour the filling into the crust, smoothing over the top with a spatula. Return to the fridge overnight to set.
- Slice into 12 pieces, using a knife run under hot water. One piece is one serve. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
This recipes contains 188 calories per serve.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for thousands of great recipes (including cake!) that the whole family will love.
We’ve proudly helped mums lose over 3 million kilos. Mums just like you are completely transforming their health and bodies with the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. You can do it too!