Zucchini Noodles with Feta and Mint Pesto
These zoodles with a fresh, homemade pesto are so simple to make.
The pesto for this recipe is able to be made in advance making it even faster to get a healthy meal on the table at the end of the day.
Got some pesto in the fridge already? Use that instead and just make the noodles.
As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, we love using vegetables in a new way to add even more taste and nutrition to your diet. Think cauliflower pizza, carrot mash, and minty pea puree.
Get all of your daily recipes, plus shopping lists and customisable meal plans when you join the challenge. Find out more HERE.
- Olive oil spray
- 1 clove garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped mint leaves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 2 zucchinis
- 1/4 cup reduced fat feta crumbled
- Lightly spray a pan with cooking oil spray over medium-high heat. Add garlic and pine nuts and cook for 1 minute, until golden.
- Place pine nuts and garlic into a blender or food processor with spinach, mint, olive oil and lemon juice. Pulse until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- If not using immediately, place in an airtight container or glass jar in the fridge for no more than 2 days.
- Use a spiraliser or peeler to slice the zucchini into noodles. Blanch in a saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute.
- Combine hot zucchini noodles with prepared mint pesto and toss well.
- Serve with crumbled feta over the top.
429 calories per serve