Filling and fuelling zucchini and rice frittata
Prepare this satisfying frittata ahead of time and in a larger batch so you can store in the fridge and reheat for lunches throughout the week.
Adding the brown rice helps to bulk out the meal and ensure you are full and satisfied.
This recipe is from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Members have access to thousands of recipes that are perfect for the whole family, while also helping you to lose weight.
Thanks to 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member, Stef Kilner, for allowing us to share this pic of your yummy frittata.
- 1/3 cup brown rice uncooked
- Olive oil spray
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1/2 zucchini grated
- 1/3 cup parmesan grated
- 2 tbsp reduced fat feta crumbled
- 2 tbsp mint leaves chopped
- 1 cup rocket lettuce
- Prepare rice according to packet directions.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Lightly spray an individual ramekin with cooking oil spray. If preparing more than one serve, use a larger baking dish to fit all ingredients.
- Whisk eggs and combine with cooked rice, zucchini, Parmesan, feta and mint.
- Pour mixture into prepared ramekin/baking dish and bake for 20 minutes or until egg is cooked through and firm.
- Serve topped with fresh rocket.
378 calories per serve.
Want more delicious recipes like this one? Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has hundreds of nutritious veggie-loaded recipes that will suit you and the whole family. Think Mexican Lasagne, Shepherds Pie and Sausage and Veggie Pasta Bake.
Learn more about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.