Swap the veggie ingredients in this Simple, Easy and Healthy Beef Stir Fry recipe for whatever is in the fridge.
Plus, you will have a nutrition power house of iron, vitamin A, vitamin C, folate and energy ready to go.
Healthy eating fast and with FLAVOUR!
Healthy Beef Stir Fry recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Beef Stir Fry Recipe: ingredients
- 500 grams of rump beef steak (chopped into strips or chunks)
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 spring onions diced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger grated
- 1 cup of green beans or snow peas (top and tailed)
- 1 head of broccoli (chop for florets only)
- 1 large flat mushroom (diced)
- 1 zucchini (diced)
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 2 tbs of soy sauce
- 2 tbs of fish sauce
- 1 tbs of honey
- 2 tbs of sesame oil
- 4 tbs of slivered almonds or whole cashews
Beef Stir fry recipe: directions
- Heat a pan and put the sesame oil in.
- Brown the outside of the diced rump and remove from heat.
- Add in the garlic, ginger and spring onions and heat until softened.
- Add in all the veggies and the sauces and honey and add in a few tbs of water. Cover with a lid and cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid, add the meat back in and cook to combine for a few more minutes.
- Add in the nuts and toss.
200 calories per serve.
For more healthy recipes – Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
For more family-friendly, nutritious and healthy meals – jump on board The Healthy’s Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by mums FOR MUMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customisable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises mums can do AT HOME.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at-home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding-friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.