Have you seen the latest coffee craze that has been sweeping through social media? It’s all about the Whipped Coffee, or Dalgona Coffee as it’s sometimes referred. It’s a South Korean Coffee drink that’s gone viral via Tik Tok and various Facebook and Insta posts thanks to lockdown. We’ve come up with our own whipped coffee recipe for you to try.
Everyone is giving it a go!
Check out our recipe and video showing you how to make it below!
For the coffee-obsessed amongst us, Whipped Coffee is heaven! If you are missing hanging out at your local coffee shop while your uber-trendy barista whips up your daily caffeine fix, now is the time to try whipping up your own at home!!
How it works
It’s super simple to make and involves mixing equal parts instant coffee and sugar together with hot water, then whip it together until it’s silky smooth and foam-like, then pour over iced milk! And there you have it – frothy foamy deliciousness!
If you’re worried about adding all the sugar and calories, the good news is you can cut down the amount of sugar and it will still work! Use skimmed milk and the cals continue to drop! Our Whipped Coffee recipe has only 87 calories and works a treat!
WHIPPED COFFEE RECIPE
- 1 tablespoon Instant Coffee (any brand)
- 1/2 tablespoon Raw Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of hot water
- 1/2 cup skimmed milk iced
WHIPPED COFFEE RECIPE: METHOD
- Combine the coffee, sugar and hot water
- Whip it with either a fork, hand whisk or blender until it’s turned a lovely caramel colour and is forming peaks.
- Pour the coffee mixture over your iced milk (in a nice glass) or it can be poured over warm milk too
- Stir it up or drink as is
Kj: 365, Cal: 87, Protein: 5.9, Fibre: 0, Total Fat: 1.5, Carbs: 12, Sat Fat: 1
Total Sugar: 12, Free sugar: 5
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW TO SEE HOW IT’S MADE
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.