21 Ideas For Back To School Lunches
Back to school can for some be tinged with a little sadness, watching their baby take their first steps, again! For others, it can be sheer relief after a manic time of juggling kids at home. The other difficulty with the return/start sorting out back to school lunches to make sure you feed them.
Lunchboxes. Healthy Lunchboxes. It can be a challenge.
The daily grind of trying to find originality and healthy ideas for the lunchbox can be tiresome!
So the Healthy Mummy thought we would give you some ideas to try and inspire some new additions for your kids’ lunchboxes or even your lunch as you go back to work.
- Dips (try some of ours!)
- Celery sticks filled with cream cheese
- Grated cheese, carrot and sultanas in a little sealed tub
- Frozen yoghurt (in that you freeze the yoghurt in either the bought tub or spoon out some of your own and freeze)
- Frozen peas in a little tub
- Skewered fruit (for older kids)
- Skewered sandwiches (for older kids)
- Chicken kebabs (skewered for older kids)
- Skewered cherry tomatoes and cheese chunks (for older kids)
- Baked potato with toppings in separate little containers
- Homemade pizza slices (maybe try ours!)
If you are a sandwich family think about some different toppings rather than ham and cheese or vegemite.
- Tomato bruschetta (kept in separate tub so toasted bread doesn’t go soggy)
- Pesto and chicken
- Ham and scrambled egg with spinach
- Grated zucchini with yoghurt and grated parmesan cheese
- Water with fruit (lemon or berries)
- Frozen smoothie (you could even double your morning Healthy Mummy Smoothie (with or without the Healthy Mummy Smoothie mix))
It is important that when sending off lunches to school that you have either an insulated cooler bag or have a frozen block or use the frozen water bottle as ‘refrigeration’ so the food items do no go ‘off’.
And if you need more healthy kids food ideas, then try our Healthy Kids Cookbook here