In January this year, Brooke Baker decided it was time to make a change!
She says she had an unhealthy relationship with food and was constantly tired, always bloated and struggling to keep up with her two young kids.
That’s when she decided she needed to become a healthier version of herself and signed up for the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Incredibly, Brooke, 29, has managed to lose 30.5kg in nine months and dropped from a size 22 to a size 10!
“I have so much more energy then I have ever had before. Instead of sitting back watching I can be involved in all activities with my children and not feel totally exhausted which is what has kept me motivated all along,” she says.
“I just want to be the healthiest and happiest version of myself for not only me but my family.”
What’s more, Brooke says her mental health has greatly improved since finding The Healthy Mummy.
“It has introduced me to exercise which I never thought would become such a big part of my daily routine and such a great way to clear my mind,” she says.
What a typical day on a plate looks like for Brooke
Brooke’s favourite snacks:
- Apricot and Oat Bliss Balls
- Lamington Bliss Balls
- Weet-Bix balls
- Spring onion dip
- Wholemeal crackers with tomato and cheese
- Spicy avocado dip
- Choc coconut brownies
- Choc chip banana bread
- Caramel Oat Slice
- White Choc apricot slice
- Easy Chicken Nachos
- Stovetop Lasagne
- Mexican Lasagne
- Chicken curry potato bake
- BBQ Chicken and Bacon Burger
- Naked chicken Parmi
- Sweet potato and pumpkin soup
- Hidden veg sausage roll
- Burger bowl
- FIT Program with Wendy
- Total body with weights
- Take 10 exercises- Step & Kick Boxing
- And WALKING one of my main forms of exercise is walking
Brooke’s 3 tips for success
- Meal Prep, being organised and always having snacks prepared
- Belief within YOURSELF you can do anything you put your mind to.
Advice for others trying to lose weight
- Drink plenty of water!
- Meal prep your snacks to stop you from grabbing at unhealthy choices
- Move your body when you can however you can
- Take progress photos and measurements and don’t always rely on the scales
- Be consistent
- Have a good support network around you
- Remind yourself this is a lifestyle not a diet!
“I personally still enjoy takeaway with my family when I like to and just add it to my calories, I don’t dangerously restrict myself and still live a very happy balanced lifestyle,” adds Brooke.
“Remember, this won’t happen overnight, not everyday will be perfect but as long as you show up everyday and give it your best that day!
“Trust in the process and believe in yourself.”
Join Brooke on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily?
That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
What do you get? You get access to:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.