Healthy Choc Chip Banana Bread Recipe
This delicious and Healthy Choc Chip Banana Bread Recipe is from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is super easy to make and unlike store bought Banana Bread which is usually over 350 cals per serve, this recipe is only 179 calories!
It’s a great snack that can be prepared ahead of time, and sliced into individual portions to grab and go. You can even make mini ones so no slicing necessary.
Be warned, this healthy banana bread recipe will be a hit with the whole family, so it’s probably a good idea to make a double batch!
|Prep Time||10 mins|
|Cook Time||50 mins|
- 2 small banana
- 100 grams butter
- 2 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper. Mash bananas and melt the butter
- In a large bowl, place the mashed bananas, flour, baking powder and coconut sugar. Mix together until combined
- Add the eggs and melted butter and stir until combined into a batter.
- Add 3/4 of the chocolate bits to the batter and fold through gently.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and sprinkle the remaining chocolate bits over the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Slice into 16 pieces. One piece is one serve. Store leftover slices in an airtight container in the fridge or wrap individually and freeze to defrost and toast as required.
179 calories per serve
Why it’s SOOOOOO good!
This is a no fail recipe that you’ll make time and time again. It’s easy and cheap to make (under 50c per serve) and uses pantry staples you probably already have in the cupboard!
What’s more, it’s completely delicious and freezes really well so make sure you always have a stash in the freezer for those Choc Chip Banana bread emergencies!
- Use large sized banana’s
- Depending on how you like your banana bread – If you like it moist you can add in an extra egg or an extra tablespoon of butter, or even an extra banana!
- You can mix all the choc chips into the bread mix if you don’t want them scattered on top
- A tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of cinnamon wouldn’t go astray in this recipe