Community Member and Meal Prep Queen Sascha Farley recently shared pics of her favourite indulgent sweet treat – Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates coated in Chocolate!
Understandably, everyone was desperate to find out how she made these delicious bites of yumminess, so today we’re sharing her recipe.
Plus, we’ve even worked out the calories and the good news is they’re under 100 calories each!
Sascha admits to dates being her favourite go-to snack.
“OMG I love dates! I use them a lot in baking as a sweetener but I also love to eat them on their own as a quick snack. I even put them in my Healthy Mummy Smoothie!”
While the calorie content of dates is higher than fresh fruit, due to the fact they’re dried, dates are really nutritious and full of fibre and antioxidants.
There are lots of different varieties of dates available too. Sascha used Medjool dates in this recipe but you can use any variety of date you choose.
Chocolate Coated Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates
- 1/2 tsp 100% natural Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp melted dark chocolate
- 1 pitted Medjool date
- Cut each date down the middle.
- Fill each date with peanut butter
- Coat with melted chocolate
- Set in the fridge in for 5 minutes to set
Store them in the fridge or freezer for an indulgent treat. One of these delicious morsels contains just 92 calories – it’ll be the best date you’ve ever had.
Thank you Sascha for sharing your recipe with us!
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.