Haloumi and lentil salad
Summer time and the heat can often make it easier to follow the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
People worry that a salad will not leave them satisfied. But a salad with the additional fibre from lentils combined with delicious haloumi cheese will keep you coming back for this healthy salad bonanza!
Check out HEAPS of healthy light and tasty meals on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app!
Haloumi and Lentil Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 can of rinsed lentils
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 continental cucumber chopped
- 2 cups of baby spinach or rocket leaves
- 1/2 small (preferably red)onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 x 180g packet haloumi, cut into 8 slices
- Chop up your cucumber, tomato and onion and place them in a bowl with the spinach and rinsed lentils
- Heat a fry pan and cook the sliced haloumi cheese so it is golden on both sides
- Plate up the salad and place two slices of haloumi on top of each salad and drizzle with some lemon and oil
- Season to taste
290 calories per serve. Another delicious salad recipe!
Want to access thousands of healthy meals like this one?
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!