Ever wondered what CONFIDENT looks like? Well, look no further than Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member, Kerrie.
Now at 48 years old she is the healthiest, happiest and most confident she has ever been.
She shares five top tips for living your life confidently and what being ‘confident’ means to her.
Healthy Mummy mum Kerrie is an inspiration to us all.
By following The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges, smoothies and nutritional products she has lost 18kg in 18 months; is down from size 14-16 to a size 8; and is in the best shape of her life.
She was one of nine lucky mums invited to participate in the recent Healthy Mummy body confident swimsuit shoot where she got to choose a word that best describes her weight loss journey. She chose the word ‘confident’. And here’s why!
Kerrie says “The slogan CONFIDENT means that I can live my life confidently. I am confident that I am doing the best thing for my health, confident I can buy clothes that will fit and look great without stress, confident to try new things.
I now approach life head on with a confidence that I didn’t have before and now I get out my comfort zone regularly… all thanks to The Healthy Mummy!”
Life before The Healthy Mummy
Kerri was not always the confident mum you see here today. Read more about Kerrie’s weight loss journey here.
She says “I am a 48 year old mum of 2 children. I had children later in life at age at 37 and 39. With my first pregnancy I put on 30kgs, the majority of which stayed with me after the birth of my second child.
At age 40 I weighed in at 86kgs. I had health problems including heart arrhythmia, and was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis of the knees.
I was looking for a way to lose the excess weight and feel healthy. I tried different things on my own over the years but without much success until I found The Healthy Mummy last year at age 47.
In 18 months Kerrie has lost 18kgs, going from 77kgs to 59kgs. She says “my lowest weight since I was in my 20’s. I am now in the fittest, healthiest and happiest shape of my life in years.
Kerrie’s 5 top tips for living your life confidently:
1. Try new things regularly – step outside your usual way of doing things… life often begins when you step outside your comfort zone
2. Don’t negative self talk – your mind is your greatest tool in feeling confident.
3. Love your body – at all stages of your journey whether you are at your goal or not.
4. Believe in yourself and you will achieve your goals
5. Don’t compare yourself to others – just focus on your own journey everyone is different
3 top tips for summer shredding:
1. EAT CLEAN – “Try to eat as clean as possible. Think lots of colour, lots of fruit and vegetables, with a variety of protein sources in your diet such as legumes, chicken, fish, red meat etc. Try The Healthy Mummy 3 day cleanse to help boost your metabolism and detox your system regularly”. See 15 minute chicken, cashew and broccoli stir fry recipe.
2. MIX UP YOUR EXERCISE – “Mix up your exercise between cardio for weight loss and hand weights/ resistance bands for muscle toning and building lean muscle to burn more calories. The Healthy Mummy Tabata and Weights & Resistance Band exercises are both excellent for all over shredding and toning”.
3. LIMIT YOUR SUGAR – “Try to limit the amount of sugar in your diet. There are lots of Healthy Mummy sweet treat recipes that use the natural sugars from fruit and dates, or raw cacao powder that taste amazing and will satisfy your sweet tooth still. (See Coffee and date slice recipe). I have found this to be a successful tool for weight loss especially if you are in a plateau.”
If you have been overweight for years, if you think you are too old, if your post baby body changed dramatically from before, or if you have health problems…. you may think it’s too late to lose weight and change your life, but Kerrie’s got an important message for you… “it’s never ever too late”.
She says “If you embrace the Healthy Mummy challenges, tools and community it can change your life!”.
The Healthy Mummy team are so thrilled for Kerrie and want to thank her for being such an inspiration. We believe all mums deserve to feel CONFIDENT in themselves!
Want help regaining your confidence and maintaining a healthy and balanced eating routine?
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has been designed to help busy mums create a healthy lifestyle.
Nutritionist-approved healthy meal plans give you alternatives to ‘sometimes foods’, customising tools to suit your taste, budget and family needs PLUS at home exercise workouts!
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including a 7 day cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
Have you seen our NEW Healthy Mummy Smoothie 45+ formulated specifically for the healthy needs of women over 45!
Healthy Mummy Smoothie 45+ contains a unique combination of ingredients designed specifically to support the needs of women over 45 years old’
- Vitamin D with Calcium to enhance bone mineral density
- 50% of your Vit D RDI which is critical for bone health
- Good source of Protein for muscle mass maintenance
- Vitamin B6 for balanced hormonal activity support
- Zinc, Vitamin C + E to protect cells from free radical damage