How this mum lost 45kg in LESS than a YEAR!
It took a family health scare to kickstart Zoe Terry’s incredible transformation but she’s not looked back since.
In fact, this Queensland mum has lost an INCREDIBLE 45kg in less than a year through the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge – and now her old jeans are hanging off her!
Here’s how this motivational mamma did it…
Mum lost 45kg in less than a year!
Zoe Terry reveals she was tired of yo-yo dieting and wanted to become a better version of herself.
After her son was born in 2016, the Brisbane mother suffered from postnatal depression and was given medication which caused her weight to balloon.
“I was struggling to get up in the morning and struggling to keep up with my son, who is now four,” she reveals.
“I was also struggling to find clothes that I loved and that fitted correctly. If I didn’t stop making poor choices then I could develop serious health issues.
“When you’re depressed you just think, ‘What’s the point? It’s not going to work’.”
Things became so bad that she says she didn’t even want her husband to look at her.
Discovering The Healthy Mummy
Zoe, 28, reveals after her dad suffered a health scare she was determined to make a huge lifestyle change and she stumbled across The Healthy Mummy in June 2019.
She decided to start out by trying our yummy smoothies.
“The smoothies meant I no longer skipped meals or binged at the next meal,” she admits.
It was a game changer for her. Eventually, Zoe then joined the Challenge and loved how easy the recipes on the app are to make.
“They’re budget friendly as well, and I don’t have to think about what’s for dinner,” says Zoe.
“As soon as I was able to fuel my body correctly, I was then able to find the energy to start exercising every day.
“My hubby is a chef and I’ve sold him on Healthy Mummy! The food is absolutely delicious and we are saving money as well thanks to meal and snack prepping. The Mexican Lasagne and Slow Cooked Asian chicken are our current obsessions.”
Feeling good inside and out
Instead of waking up exhausted, Zoe says she’s now filled of energy.
“I suffered from back pain as well and I’m finding my mental health easier to manage that. I’m now off the medication for postnatal depression,” she reveals.
“I love that I can finally wear what I like and I’m not restricted to the plus sized section anymore.”
Best of all, Zoe now has the energy for her son.
“We have running races now and he tells me to slow down, which he never used to do,” she exclaims.
Zoe’s tips for success:
- Start small.. make small changes that you can build on overtime so you don’t fee overwhelmed.
- Drink plenty of water!
- Lose the all or nothing mentality. Every little change adds up!
- Repeat meals and snacks throughout the week to save time and money.
- Everything in moderation. You can still enjoy coffee, chocolate and eating out.
Tips for mums who feel like giving up:
- Be patient. It takes a long time to gain the weight, it’ll take a long time to lose it the healthy way.
- Be kind to yourself, every time to fall, pick yourself up and try again.
Are you ready to live your happiest, healthiest, life?
If you are wanting to lose weight and improve your energy – not to mention – help improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including 7 Day Cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
To learn more about our 28 DAY WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE CLICK HERE or purchase our breast-feeding friendly Smoothies.