After struggling with her weight for her whole life, Mum Rachael has finally got on top of her lifestyle by joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, and losing almost six kilos and 3 dress sizes in the first 8 weeks.
Not only that, but since using the Healthy Mummy App, she has consistently saved between $50 – $100 per week on her grocery bill!
Jump ahead to:
- Rachael’s story
- How Rachael is saving money with the Healthy Mummy
- Rachael’s top 3 tips
- Join Rachael on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
“I feel strong and in control of my life again, willing to put myself out there and take chances,” she says.
“I feel like I’m actually living again!’
Rachael admits she’s struggled with her weight for her whole life
Rachael Tobin is 36 and lives in Brisbane with her 10-year-old daughter. She admits that her weight has been an issue for her entire life and despite some occasional wins where she was able to lose weight, she was never able to keep it off.
The mum-on-one shares, “I have tried so many things over the years to shift the weight, and I had some success a few times.
“But the weight always came back because none of the programs I was trying felt sustainable in the long term.’
As Rachael’s daughter got older and started taking part in more physical activities, Rachael was determined to be able to keep up.
“My daughter is 10 now, and she’s participating in all these fun activities – theme park rides, rock climbing, jiu-jitsu,” she says.
“I realised I was missing out on doing all of that with her because of my size and lack of fitness. I was only living half a life!’
How Rachael found The Healthy Mummy
In fact, the lovely mum reveals that she stumbled across The Healthy Mummy on Facebook and have seen all the incredible results, joined straight away
“And I haven’t looked back. I have so far lost 5.6kg in eight weeks!”
“My fitness and mobility have improved – I no longer get winded walking short distances or up the stairs. I have gone down nearly three clothing sizes. I feel more myself than I have in nearly 20 years.’
“I feel strong and in control of my life again, willing to put myself out there and take chances. I feel like I’m actually living again!”
What’s more, Rachael has incorporated Healthy Mummy Smoothies into her routine, enjoying them a couple of times a week.
With the Healthy Mummy App in her hand, Rachael is smashing her weight loss goals with a healthy and sustainable lifestyle.
“I use the App every day. I follow the meal plans and workouts and particularly enjoy the boxing and hand weights workouts with Laura and the Pilates workouts with Jo.”
How Rachael is saving money with the Healthy Mummy
“Since using the Healthy Mummy, I have consistently saved between $50 – $100 per week on my grocery bill,” she says.
“In order to stick to a budget, I find doing the shopping online (either delivery or click and collect) helps me to stick to my list and not buy things that we don’t really need on impulse.”
“I also love bulk cooking. This gives me a freezer stash to use on weeks when money is tight.”
Rachael’s top 3 tips
- Find a ‘why’ that isn’t related to the scales. That way, the scales have no power over you.
- Failing to plan is planning to fail. Create a meal plan and prepare whatever you can in advance. That way there are no excuses for not sticking to the plan.
- Eat most of your calories every day, or all of them if you can! You lose more weight when your body is adequately fuelled.
Join Rachael on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is the mums only 5-star rated app with over 1.6k reviews in 8 weeks!!
You get unrestricted access to:
- Nutritionist and chef-designed weekly meal plans
- Hundreds of different Personal Trainer crafted at-home workouts
- Daily Motivation from My Coach
- Personalised Shopping lists to make life easy
- Thousands of healthy and delicious recipes at your fingertips
- REAL TIME support from The Healthy Mummy Team and OVER 300,000 other mums