Healthy Mummy, Dusty, shares how she now actually wants to go out and socialise instead of hiding away from the world.
“Before I just wanted to hibernate. My mental health is so much better too, being extremely overweight takes its toll, I was so depressed, I hated leaving the house, I didn’t want to be seen.”
Mum shares: “I no longer hate who I see…”
Dusty Skye Williams, 28, from Cobram Victoria is a mum of 3 children aged, 6, 3 and a 9 month old baby boy.
Dusty shares, “I have been on the Healthy Mummy bandwagon for coming up to 4 years in August.
“In my first 2 years I lost 60kg, I fell pregnant not long after reaching my goal weight which led to depression so sadly I regained 42kg.
“Since having my 3rd baby I have lost 32kg in 9 months.
“I now no longer struggle with every day things like getting up off the couch even getting out of bed is so much easier. I can run and play with my children.
“I want to go out and socialise now, where before I just wanted to hibernate. My mental health is so much better too, being extremely overweight takes its toll, I was so depressed, I hated leaving the house I didn’t want to be seen.
“Photos were a nightmare, but I now want to be in the photos. I’m forever asking people to take photos of me and my children and I no longer hate who I see.”
“I’m a Lifetime member of The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, it’s so easy to find recipes based on what I already have at home. There are always new and yummy recipes popping up and so easy to follow! And everyone, including the kids, always loves whatever I dish up.”
Dusty’s favourite Healthy Mummy recipes and Smoothies
“I love the Healthy Mummy Smoothies! Raspberry ripple is my favourite the Peanut butter and jelly Smoothie is the best, I could have it daily!
“My favourite is the Jamaican jerk chicken and the Chicken jalapenos poppers and avo dip.
“Our fav snacks are the Coconut Weetbix slice and all the muffins they never last long.”
Dusty’s tips for other mums:
- Start off slowly and don’t underestimate the power of walking. I remember when I first started the thought of exercise was very overwhelming so a simple walk daily was how I started off.
- Motivation is all well and good while it’s there, but you need to make good habits. Just like brushing your teeth you make time for that so you need to make the time for yourself.
- You don’t need to completely cut all the yummy “naughty things” out. Yes, they need to be in moderation but the point of a healthy weight loss journey is to eat well the majority of the time. What happens when you reach your goal? Go back to old ways? No.. but you’re not going to want to eat a salad for the rest of your life either, as someone that has suffered from eating disorders this has been a challenge but it’s one of the most important in my eyes.
Dusty’s motivation advice:
Dusty says, “It can be so frustrating at times I get it. The scales go up instead of down, cravings hit like no tomorrow and you cave into them and feel like a failure. Working out is overwhelming, I’ve been there. But you are so important this is your health.
“Every day is going to be different but all you can do is try. Reach out for help, the Healthy Mummy support page is amazing. There are so many women going through the exact same thing, you are not alone.”
First 2 photos the last 9 month going from 127kg to 95kg bottom two photos are when I first lost the 60kg going from 145kg to 85kg
Join Dusty on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
The only program made for Busy Mums! Make 2020 Your Year!
Join over 200,000+ mums today! No lock in contracts. Designed just for mums.
Get unrestricted access to :
● Over 350 AT HOME WORKOUTS
● Nutritionist designed weekly meal plans
● Personal Trainer crafted at-home workouts
● Daily Motivation from My Coach
● Personalised Shopping lists to make life easy
● Over 4,000 healthy and delicious recipes at your fingertips
● We WILL help you SMASH your 2020 goals and give you MORE energy and body confidence