15 minute HEALTHY chicken satay tacos
All you need is 15 minutes for these quick chicken satay tacos. Pop everything on the table and let your family fill their tacos with their favourite fillings.
Who said dinner can’t be fast and fun? You could replace the chicken with turkey, beef or pork if you prefer.
This recipe is from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. We have all sorts of recipes for members including Mexican favourites such as tacos, nachos, burritos and quesadillas.
- cooking oil spray
- 1 chopped red capsicum
- 4 stalks thinly sliced celery
- 400 grams chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce salt reduced
- 12 hard taco shells
- 4 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander
- Spray a saucepan with oil and place over a low heat. Add capsicum and celery and cook until softened.
- Dice chicken and add to the pan. Cook for another 4-5 minutes until browned and almost cooked through.
- Stir through peanut butter, chilli sauce and soy sauce. Cook for another 2 minutes until well combined and chicken is cooked through.
- Heat the taco shells according to packet directions.
- Divide salad leaves between taco shells and top with satay chicken mix and garnish with coriander leaves to serve.
- 1 serve is 3 tacos.
328 calories per serve
Find out more or join the challenge HERE.