5 Ingredient Chia and Lemon Cookies
This is such a delicious and healthy snack. Make a batch at the start of the week so that you have something on hand in between main meals.
These Chia and Lemon Cookies do not have a lot of added sugar so if you prefer things sweeter, add a tablespoon of Natvia when creaming the butter and coconut sugar.
If you want to lose weight without missing out on your favourite snacks, join the next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
28 Day Weight Loss Challenge members have access to loads of great cookie recipes such as our Walnut and Choc Chip Cookies, as well as Spicy Ginger Cookies. All delicious and all family friendly. Find out more about the challenge HERE.
- 115 grams butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup plain wholemeal flour
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line two oven trays with baking paper. Soak the chia seeds in the water and lemon juice for 15 minutes.
- Cube butter and bring to room temperature.
- Using an electric beater, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add chia seed mix and stir to combine.
- Sift in flour and stir with a wooden spoon. Mix to form a soft dough. Form tablespoons of the dough into 12 small balls and place on the baking trays 4cm apart.
- Use a fork to slightly flatten each ball. Place in fridge for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Once firm, bake for 15 minutes then reduce oven to 100C and bake for a further 10 minutes until cookies are lightly golden and slightly firm on top.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the trays before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container. One cookie is one serve.
139 calories per serve