55 calorie choc dipped salted caramel bliss balls
Here’s a great bliss ball recipe that can be enjoyed as a healthy pick-me-up when you need some energy.
As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge we recommend three main meals and 2-3 snacks per day. These would be great for a quick afternoon tea.
Being nut free means it is also ideal for the lunchbox – just place near a frozen drink bottle to stop the chocolate from melting.
Dates are a great way to add sticky caramel sweetness to a recipe without using white sugar.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 100 g dates
- 100 ml boiling water
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 25 g 70% dark chocolate
- Soak dates in the boiling water for 5-10 min
- Blitz dates and water in a food processor until a paste forms
- Add salt and oats, then blitz again until combined
- Roll the mixture into 15 balls
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds until smooth
- Dip each ball into the chocolate and place in a container lined with baking paper.
- Allow balls to set in the fridge for 1 hour before devouring
55 calories per ball
Thanks Cassie for sending in this fantastic recipe – they look SO good!
If you love bliss balls, we’ve got loads more on the recipe hub for 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge members. Find out more or sign up HERE.