5 ingredient easy cheesy broccoli bites
This broccoli recipe is a GREAT way to encourage your kids to eat their veggies.
The cheesy nugget-style of these Broccoli Bites will appeal to the whole family.
Serve them up hot as a healthy snack, or pop them in the lunchbox to enjoy cold the next day.
This is a great budget friendly recipe from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Lose weight in a healthy way with hundreds of delicious recipes available. Find out more HERE.
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Cut broccoli into florets and steam on the stovetop or in the microwave for 3 minutes until bright green. Cool slightly.
- In a food processor, blitz steamed broccoli into fine crumbs.
- Tip broccoli crumbs into a medium bowl with eggs, breadcrumbs and Parmesan and stir well.
- Use a tablespoon to form mixture into 16 balls.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add half the bites to the pan and press the tops gently to flatten a little. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden. Move to a paper towel and repeat with remaining oil and bites.
- Four broccoli bites is one serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
244 calories per serve
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge today!
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a weight loss program created especially for mums to help them tackle their weight with customisable meal plans, recipes and exercises you can do at home with the kids.
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes and meals for fussy eaters.
Learn more about this month’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.