Maple Roasted Almond & Chia Seed Breakfast Bowl
Chia seeds are a little powerhouse which we love using in the recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. They’re high in antioxidants, fibre, protein and omega 3 fatty acids.
This recipe comes from 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Cassie. She loves having these for a quick and easy breakfast. You can prepare this the night before so it’s ready to go in the morning. ‘What a way to kick start your day!’
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for more chia-loving recipes, such as Lemon and Chia Seed Slice, Apricot and Sunflower Seed Cookies, or Coffee Chia Pudding.
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1.5 cups milk of choice
- 1/2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup almond flakes
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix chia seeds, milk and cacao powder together in a bowl, cover and place in refrigerator to soak for 15 minutes.
- Mix almond flakes and maple syrup together in bowl, spread across lined baking tray and bake for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Remove chia seeds from refrigerator and stir well.
- Portion chia seeds into bowls or into containers if storing for later.
- Top with almonds and berries.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
300 calories per serve
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.