30 Minute Autumn Minestrone Soup Recipe
As the weather cools down it’s nice to tuck into a hearty minestrone soup like this. Our Autumn Minestrone soup recipe is amazing as it features plenty of veggies, is packed full of flavor, and is low in free sugars.
It’s perfect to make in a large batch to enjoy leftovers for lunch throughout the week. It also freezes well if you feel like making a double batch, then just defrost for another family meal when you’re too busy to cook.
This minestrone soup recipe comes from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, where we offer family-friendly recipes that will help you lose weight.
Find out more about the challenge HERE. This photo of the Autumn Minestrone comes from 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Ash Petroff.
Ash says ‘I could seriously live off this soup for the rest of my life!’
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 potato peeled and diced
- 400 grams tinned tomatoes
- 2 cups liquid vegetable stock salt reduced
- 1/3 cup wholemeal pasta raw, any shape
- 1/3 cup dried red lentils
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 4 slices wholegrain or gluten-free bread of choice
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds – 1 minute.
- Add the carrot, celery and potato and coat with oil and garlic, cooking for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes (breaking them up with a spoon), stock, pasta, lentils and rosemary. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta and lentils have cooked through. Add a little more stock if soup is getting too thick.
- When ready to serve, toast the bread and sprinkle soup with Parmesan cheese.
333 calories per serve
Want more Healthy recipes like this Minestrone soup recipe? Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
If you’re looking for more easy, low-budget, healthy meals like this, you’ll love our Winter Weight Loss Challenge.
You’ll have access to 3,000 recipes, 28 days of customisable, breastfeeding-friendly meal plans each month as well as daily mum-friendly exercise plans.
Thousands of mums take part in our challenges every month and have lost 2 million kilos between them!
Prices start from less than a dollar a day. Learn More Now