Lunchbox-friendly carrot and zucchini cake
While it’s still what you might call a ‘sometimes’ food, this cake is higher in fibre and lower in added sugar than most pre-made options.
It’s also nut free, making it a great option for a healthy lunchbox treat for the kids.
Why not make a batch (or two) and freeze in individual slices. This makes it easy to defrost and reheat a slice for morning tea.
We love making healthy versions of the things you love as part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
There’s no need to miss out on treats while you lose weight in a healthy way. Find out about the next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.
- 1.5 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp bi-carbonate soda
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 free-range eggs beaten
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Combine flour, all spice, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl.
- Stir in sugar, carrot, zucchini and sultanas.
- Fold through melted coconut oil and whisked eggs.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake for 55-60 mins, or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry for 1-2 days or pre-slice and freeze.
203 calories per serve
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Join the thousands of mums on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge tackling and ACHIEVING their weight loss goals.
Whether you have 5 kilograms to lose or 35 kilograms to lose – The Healthy Mummy is here to SUPPORT YOU and your PERSONAL WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.