This Cauliflower Mac And Cheese Is Healthy Comfort Food
This Cauliflower Mac And Cheese is comfort food at its very best. A healthy recipe takes on a classic Mac & Cheese that even the fussiest of the fussy will be happy to tuck into.
Don’t worry – we haven’t completely done away with the pasta (fussy eaters would be onto it pretty quickly). But we have added a healthy dose of veggies to ensure that it ticks the boxes for a nutritious meal.
This cauliflower mac and cheese recipe comes from the Fussy Kids eBook. Do you have a fussy eater at home? You’ll love The Healthy Mummy Fussy Kids eBook, available from our shop.
Have you heard about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge? Each month our weight loss challenges are themed, targeting areas such as budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes like this cauliflower mac and cheese recipe with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- cooking oil spray
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup macaroni uncooked
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200C. Cut cauliflower into florets and place on a lined baking tray. Lightly spray with cooking oil. Sprinkle with nutmeg and season with pepper. Place in oven to roast for 15 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, cook macaroni according to packet directions.
- In a small baking dish combine mozzarella, ricotta, yoghurt and 1 tablespoon of the hot pasta cooking water and mix well. Stir through the roasted cauliflower and cooked macaroni.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top and place dish in the oven for 10 minutes until golden and slightly crunchy on top.
- Combine lettuce and tomato with lemon juice and serve on the side with the Cauliflower Mac and Cheese.
This cauliflower cheese bake recipe comes from our Fussy Kids eBook. As with all of our children's recipes, we don't count the calories as we are focused purely on flavour and nutrition.
The Healthy Mummy Fussy Kids eBook is available from our shop.