Protein packed chicken and avocado macro bowl
Need a filling dinner after a busy day? Try this delicious Chicken Macro Bowl sent in by 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Cassie.
Cassie says, ‘This macro bowl is a perfect way to quickly prepare a protein packed nutritious meal.
“It will keep you fuller for longer as well as helping to maintain regular bowel movements, which leads to less bloating.’
Feel free to switch up the veggies to whatever you have on hand (leftovers work well too). We love recipes like this in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. As a member you’ll have access to recipes for meals such as the Citrus and Chicken Bowl, Grilled Tahini Salmon Bowl or the Sticky Soy Beef Bowl.
As Cassie says, ‘A Macro Bowl ticks all the nutritional boxes!’
- 350 grams skinless chicken breast
- 1/3 cup uncooked quinoa
- 100 grams green beans
- 100 grams broccoli
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 300 grams sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cook quinoa as per packet instructions.
- Place sweet potato in a microwave safe container and cook in microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove and toss in half of the sesame oil and place on a lined oven tray. Cook for 10-15 minutes until golden.
- Dice chicken and mix with garlic and soy sauce. Cook in hot frypan with the rest of the sesame oil until cooked through.
- Steam the greens on the stovetop or in the microwave until tender crisp.
- Portion the chicken, quinoa and veggies into bowls.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
600 calories per serve
Want to access thousands of healthy meals like this one?
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.
NEXT CHALLENGE STARTS SOON!