Chilli, Lime and Coconut Prawn Skewers
If you feel like something cooked fresh on the BBQ that is packed with flavour and punch – this is it.
Grab yourself some fresh prawns and fire up the grill to make these healthy eating prawn skewers that come in at just 65 calories each.
Throw together a fresh salad and you have the perfect healthy mid week dinner.
Why not add your own healthy embellishments to the skewers too, such as:
- cherry tomatoes
- onion chunks
- red capsicum
- feta cheese
- Zest and juice of 1 lime + 1 lime quartered for serving
- 100 ml light coconut milk
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp minced chilli
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 kaffir lime leaves finely chopped
- 800 g prawns peeled and de-veined
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 wooden skewers
- Olive oil spray
- Place the lime juice, zest, coconut milk, garlic, chilli, soy and kaffir lime leaves into a bowl.
- Add the prawns and toss well to combine.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Meanwhile, soak the skewers in water to prevent burning on the BBQ.
- Thread the prawns onto the skewers, discard the leftover marinade.
- Heat the BBQ to med/high and spray with olive oil.
- Cook the skewers for around 3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve with the extra lime wedges.
Calories per skewer: 65
This recipe comes from our 28 day weight loss challenge, where there are over 2,000 delicious and healthy recipes for your to chose from that will suit everyone in the family.