Chocolate Chip Chickpea Protein Cookies
Here is a really easy and tasty recipe for a chocolate chip cookie using chickpeas as the main ingredient.
We love these Chocolate Chip Chickpea Protein packed Cookies from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and promise that you’d never know they contained a somewhat unusual ingredient!
- 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas tinned, rinsed
- 0.5 cup light peanut butter (you could use almond butter instead or regular butter if you have allergies although nut butter will up the protein content)
- 0.25 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 85 g dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Place the chickpeas into a colander and rinse really well (a good tip is to make sure the chickpeas are fully dry before cooking to avoid soggyness). Place into a blender with the peanut butter, skim milk, vanilla extract and baking powder. Blend until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the mixture by the tablespoon onto baking trays. Bake the cookies for 15 minutes at 200C or until lightly browned.
Recipe makes 16 cookies. Calories per serving (cookie): 103, protein per cookie 5.2g.
Join thousands of mums on the MUMS ONLY Challenge!
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an affordable, customisable weight loss program PROVEN to help mums reach their weight loss goals.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.