Deliciously Healthy Chocolate & Goji Berry Muffins
If you enjoy a chocolate treat but don’t enjoy all the fat and sugar that goes into the cakes, chocolate and biscuits you usually find in the bakery and shop then the good news is that there are lots of ways to give your favourite treats a healthy make over. See Chocolate Treats & Baking Book for more!
- 1/4 cup dried goji berries
- 1 tsp xylitol
- 1/4 cup pureed prunes
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon optional
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Spray a mini muffin tray with olive oil.
- Place goji berries & sweetener in a slim cup and pour in boiling water until just covered.
- Mix pureed prunes, rice malt syrup and vanilla extract.
- Beat the eggs separately and then add to the puree mixture. Continue to beat until frothy.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt cacao and cinnamon into wet mixture. Stir gently with a spatula until well combined.
- Drain goji berries and fold berries and chocolate chips into mixture.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Makes 20 serves at 87 calories each.
Every month on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, we run a BRAND NEW 28 Day Menu with a different theme so you NEVER get bored! This muffin recipe is just one of many of our delicious treats!