Baked Ham with pineapple glaze
If you and your family love baked ham at Christmas time, you’ll be pleased to know that it’s actually quite easy to prepare yourself. This easy Pineapple Maple Glazed Ham recipe uses pineapple juice and brown sugar to make a sweet, fruity, syrupy glaze for Christmas-baked ham.
Unlike some traditional Christmas bake ham recipes that use brown sugar for the glaze, we love this Pineapple Glaze Baked Ham Recipe as it’s sweet thanks to the pineapple juice and balsamic instead.
We’ve got lots of recipes that use ham in our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. It’s such a versatile meat to use over the festive season for sandwiches, wraps, salads, and hot dinners.
If you’d like access to our Christmas Cookbook, click here to download.
- 3.6 kg whole ham joint boneless
- 5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 5 tbsp pineapple juice + extra if needed
- 30 whole cloves
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
- Boil the ham in boiling water, skimming the scum from the top of the joint, for about an hour. This just speeds up the cooking time.
- Allow the ham to cool enough so that you can handle it. Meanwhile, mix together the balsamic, pineapple juice and grainy mustard.
- Score the ham with a sharp knife one way and then score it in the opposite direction to create diamond shapes on the flesh of the meat. Poke a clove onto the points of each diamond.
- Pour the balsamic mixture over the ham and place into a 170C oven. Cook for half an hour, then scoop up any mixture that has run off the ham and baste the ham. Cook for another two hours, basting every twenty minutes, and if you need more liquid add more pineapple juice. Leave to rest for 20 minutes under foil before serving.
258 calories per 100g
For more ideas for planning your family Christmas, grab yourself a copy of our Healthy Mummy Christmas Book.
Want more Healthy recipes like this Baked Ham Recipe? Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
This recipe from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and is a yummy example of just SOME of the delicious, healthy and easy to make snacks and meals you can tuck in to.
With over 4,500 recipes to choose from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge helps you eat well (and deliciously) with ease and while losing weight Start your Healthy Mummy Journey Today.
You can learn more about our Challenge HERE.