Five Ingredient Cranberry and Coconut Patties
Here’s a Christmas themed treat that is going to kick those pesky chocolate cravings away.
Coconut and coconut oil are a great way to make healthier chocolate treats at home. The good fats will fill you up and keep you satisfied, and when the oil cools it turns solid, keeping your chocolate coating in place.
Have you got your hands on the Christmas and Entertaining Cookbook yet? It’s filled to the brim with recipes for Christmas and the holidays, so you can enjoy sweet treats without undoing all your hard work.
- 1.25 cups shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 60 grams dark chocolate 70% cacao or higher
- 1 tbsp pepitas finely chopped
- Line a small tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Blitz coconut and cranberries together until crumbly (approx. 15 seconds).
- Add coconut oil and rice malt syrup and blitz again until combined.
- Press VERY FIRMLY into mini silicone moulds and place in the fridge or freezer to set until they are hard.
- Once they have set, melt the chocolate using your preferred method.
- Using two forks, dip the patties into the melted chocolate, place on the tray then sprinkle with pepitas and pop back in the fridge/freezer to set.
- Can be stored in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.
185 calories each
The Healthy Mummy Christmas and Entertaining Cookbook
The Healthy Mummy’s 2017 Christmas and Entertaining Cookbook is NOW AVAILABLE!
This cookbook contains over 150 recipes, is filled with healthy, easy-to-prepare recipes to get you through the party season and have you still feeling fabulous on the other side.
Plus it is loaded with some awesome advice on what to do with all the left overs!
Learn more about The Healthy Mummy Christmas & Entertaining Cookbook.