Creamy Mushroom and Bacon Ravioli JUST 452 Calories
For a hearty dinner, this Creamy Mushroom And Bacon Ravioli Recipe from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge ticks all the boxes! Not only can it be prepared, cooked and on the table in around 20 minutes, but it’s also budget friendly and comes in at under 500 calories!
Pasta doesn’t have to be off the menu when wanting to follow a healthy lifestyle. Just watch your portion size and use reduced-fat, high protein ingredients to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 125 grams fresh beef ravioli
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lean bacon rasher trimmed and dice
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 50 mls reduced fat cream
- 2 tsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tsp fresh chives chopped
- Prepare ravioli according to packet directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add bacon pieces and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Add mushrooms and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until tender. Season with pepper.
- Add cream and cook for 2-3 minutes to heat through and combine with other ingredients. Sprinkle over grated Parmesan and stir to combine and melt into sauce.
- Add prepared ravioli to the pan and toss to combine with sauce. Add a little hot water or liquid chicken stock if needed, to loosen sauce and cover ravioli.
- Serve ravioli and sauce in a bowl and sprinkle with fresh chives.
452 calories per serve
25.0g Total Fat
11.0g Saturated Fat
3.5g Total Sugar
0.0g Free Sugar
This recipe calls for just a handful of key ingredients: beef ravioli, bacon, mushrooms, reduced fat cream and parmesan cheese. It’s a budget friendly option at just $1.60 per serve.
Watch how easy it is to make here!
- You can use any type of ravioli for this recipe, e.g spinach
- To make it more gentle on tummies consider using lactose free cream
- You can pan fry ham instead of bacon if that’s all you have on hand
- Grate through some water based veg like zucchini to up your vegetable intake without altering the flavour
As a 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member, you’ll have access to heaps of healthy and family friendly pasta recipes. Some of our favourites include Spaghetti Prawn Marinara and the 20 Minute Pesto Penne.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a weight loss program created especially for mums to help them tackle their weight with customisable meal plans, recipes and exercises you can do at home with the kids.
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and themes HERE.