Low Fat Creamy Tuna And Mushroom Pasta
This Healthy and Delicious tuna pasta recipe is so creamy and tasty you would never guess it was good for you! Low in fat and high in protein and nutrients, it has all the flavour without the guilt. Another delicious pasta recipe !
Perfect to add to your 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge meal plan.
Tuna is a convenient and affordable source of low fat protein. It’s also high in omega 3’s which are essential for brain and heart health.
This sauce is very versatile – without the tuna it can even be served over vegetables or chicken, replacing unhealthy, creamy dressing and adding plenty of flavor.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 425 g canned tuna in springwater drained
- 1 tbsp butter
- 250 g mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 brown onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 400 g cauliflower
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 4 tbsp fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spelt or whole meal pasta
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves to serve
- Boil pasta in a medium saucepan as per packet directions.
- In another saucepan, boil cauliflower for a few minutes until softened.
- In a separate pan, sauté half of the butter with onion and garlic for 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- With the remaining butter, sauté mushrooms and peas for 2-3 minutes
- Heat milk in microwave for 1 minute. When cauliflower has softened, use a blender to combine milk, cream cheese, garlic, onion and cauliflower until smooth.
- Pour creamy mixture over mushrooms in saucepan, add drained tuna and stir thoroughly. Add pepper to taste.
- Serve over drained pasta with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley on top.
This recipe serves 4 people at 311 calories per serve.
For more healthy recipes like this (that are made for busy mums), why not join thousands of other women on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Are You Ready To Become A Healthy Mummy?
If you’re looking for more best and easy, low-budget, healthy meals like this delicious recipe, you’ll love our Winter Weight Loss Challenge.
You’ll have access to 3,000 recipes, 28 days of customisable, breastfeeding-friendly meal plans each month as well as daily mum-friendly exercise plans.
Thousands of mums take part in our challenges every month and have lost 2 million kilos between them!
Prices start from less than a dollar a day. Learn More Now