Crispy Potato Hash with Smashed Avo & Poached Eggs
Here’s a café-style breakfast that comes it at about a quarter of the price – and it’s twice as healthy!
This recipe was sent in by 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Cassie.
She says, ‘Packed full of good fats from the eggs and avocado there is absolutely no down fall to this easy breakfast! Oh did I mention there are only 5 ingredients?’
We love 5 ingredient breakfast recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
28 Day Weight Loss Challenge members can access the recipe hub, where you’ll find 5 ingredient recipes such as Banana and Oat Breakfast Muffins, BLT Pita Melt, or Strawberry Cream Oats.
- 5 eggs
- 3 medium potatoes peeled and grated
- 1/2 avocado mashed
- 1 tbsp wholemeal plain flour
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, ready to poach the eggs.
- Squeeze any liquid from the grated potatoes and place in mixing bowl.
- Add flour, salt and pepper and one egg to the grated potatoes, mix well until combined.
- Roll mixture into 4 balls.
- Heat olive oil in large fry pan on high heat.
- Add the potato balls and press each ball down with a spatula to flatten.
- Cook for 2 minutes on a medium heat before flipping over to cook for a further 5 minutes, flipping again if required.
- Poach eggs by cracking into a pot of simmering water and poach for 3 minutes for soft yolks.
- Serve poach eggs on top of crispy potato hash with the avocado.
450 calories per serve
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.