Cure Chocolate Cravings With This Raspberry Ripe
If you find yourself hankering after a certain chocolate bar after dinner, here’s a great option. Forget store bought, this homemade treat tastes like the real deal without the added sugar and calories!
This healthy dessert is packed with good quality ingredients and comes in at just 156 calories per serve.
|Prep Time||260 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 grams dark chocolate 70% cacao or higher
- Line a loaf with baking paper.
- Place oats and sunflower seeds in a food processor and process for 3 seconds until they resemble coarse crumbs.
- Add raspberries, coconut, maple syrup and vanilla and process again until well combined.
- Press the mix firmly into the prepared pan and place in the freezer for 3-4 hours or until firm and set.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Remove the raspberry mix from the freezer, slice into 10 pieces and return to the freezer, while you melt the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler on the stovetop or in the microwave until runny.
- Using two forks, lower the raspberry pieces into the melted chocolate and coat well.
- Quickly tap off excess chocolate and place on the prepared tray, then return to the freezer to firm up the chocolate.
- One raspberry ripe is one serve. Store leftovers in the freezer for up to 3 months.
156 calories per serve.
- If the raspberry mix doesn’t blend well, you can add a little water or an extra dash of maple syrup
- Strawberries or cherries would work well in this recipe also!
- Cut the calories further by only coating one side with chocolate or drizzle it over instead.
See how to make it here
As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, we include chocolate and desserts as part of our meal plans. There’s no need to miss out on your favourite foods while you lose weight. By making your own healthy treats, you can enjoy the things you love while still seeing results.
Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for customisable meal plans and over 4,500 recipes.
Get recipes just like this on our 28 Day Challenge
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge gives you a meal plan, exercise routine and tips and advice to help you be the best version of yourself.
Do you find yourself victim to emotional eating? Take the stress out of putting so much emphasis on food and diet and try our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge which has been described by 100,000’s of mums as a lifestyle change!
With a weekly meal plan consisting of 3 main meals and 3 snacks – The Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help you stick to a healthy food plan and hit your weight goals.
You can find out more or join the 28 Day Challenge HERE.
Mums share their amazing Healthy Mummy transformations!
Cicily Goodwin- 35Kgs Lost
Mum of two Cicily started her journey with The Healthy Mummy in July 2016. In the first few months, she lost 20kgs by using The Healthy Mummy Smoothies twice a day and making the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge meals. She lost another 35kgs over the next year.
Cicily says “I started the year at 110kgs and got to 75kg!! The lifetime goal I’ve dreamed of my whole life! “
Cicily admits that her when she started her journey it was all about weight loss but after living a healthy lifestyle it became a lot more about happiness.
Zoe Terry – 41.7Kgs Lost
Zoe shares, “July 2019 – March 2020 – 41.1kgs gone and definitely not missed! I never thought I could do it. I never thought I would enjoy it. But Healthy Mummy has made it easy and fun!
I have found that 2 smoothies, 3 snacks and a healthy main meal paired with daily exercise is what’s worked for me!”
Melissa Timmer – 37kgs Lost
The Healthy Mummy which has helped her take back control and within 18 months, she had lost a whopping 37 kg and has been maintaining her weight for three years.
Even though Melissa’s weight fluctuates up and down a little she says “I couldn’t care less because this journey is about being happy and if you feel happy in your skin, no matter how much you weigh or what size you are, that’s all that matters. “We are all different and beautiful so don’t be stuck on what scales say all the time.”
Tarryn Eames – 30Kg Lost
- From 97KGS to 67KGS
- From a size 18/20 to a size 10/12
- From lethargic to energetic
- From miserable to genuinely happy
- From hating my body to appreciating it.
“At the beginning of my journey, all I wanted was to lose weight. I never aimed to gain anything. However, all I’ve gained means more to me than the kilos that are now gone and the cms that have disappeared too. Somewhere along the way, I gained the energy to be able to play with my children and the confidence needed to do that in a public setting.
I gained many beautiful and like-minded friends. I gained confidence. I gained strength both physically and mentally. I gained self-love. I gained knowledge about nutrition and exercise. But most importantly I gained happiness.”