Dairy, Egg and Nut Free Raspberry Ripple Cake
For a chocolate fudge-like cake with the goodness of raspberries and banana added, this raspberry ripple cake is a must try.
Sent in by mum Linda Hallas, who lost 40kg with the Healthy Mummy (read her incredible story here) this recipe came about from a failed cake recipe – but we think the result was anything but a failure!
Perfect for those with allergies to consider (and ideal for the lunchbox) this healthy cake will make a great addition to your meal plan on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge..
- 400 mls unsweetened light coconut milk refrigerated for 24 hours prior to making
- 1 tbsp Natvia
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1/2 cup cocoa plus extra to serve
- 1 cup gluten free corn flour
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries chopped
- Preheat oven 180C and line a slice tray with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer beat the coconut milk for several minutes until smooth creamy and slightly thickened.
- Add the Natvia while continuing to use the beater on high, then slowly add the golden syrup until fully combined.
- While still keeping the mixer running, add the cocoa and corn flour slowly.
- Next add the mashed bananas until fully combined.
- Pour half the mixture into the prepared slice tray and sprinkle the raspberries evenly in the middle, then pour remaining mixture over the top.
- Place in oven for 30-35 minutes.
- When cooked it should feel set and a little springy.
- Allow to cool slightly and cut into 18 squares.
- Dust with extra cocoa.
- This is best served hot but tastes great cold too.
116 calories per serve
Find out more about the Healthy Mummy 28 day challenge (including some fantastic weight loss results).