Delicious Air Fried Vegan Donut Balls
These air fried, vegan donuts are bite-sized balls of yum. Using coconut sugar and with less fat than traditional donuts, these cinnamon flavoured snacks are an irresistible sweet treat. This recipe also uses aquafaba, the liquid from a can of cooked chickpeas, which acts as a great binding agent instead of egg or egg whites making this recipe perfect for vegans.
Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, they’re super simple to make. Just make up the dough, roll it into balls, coat them in cinnamon and sugar, and air fry to perfection. Done!
The Healthy Mummy’s new air fryer recipe range, as part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, has loads more of healthy air fried recipes that the whole family will love.
|Prep Time||80 mins|
|Cook Time||6 mins|
- 1 cup wholemeal flour 125g
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar 50g
- 2 tsp baking powder 2.5g
- 1 tsp cinnamon 1g
- 1/2 tsp salt 2.5g
- 2 tbsp aquafaba 60ml
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted 20g
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk 62.5ml
- 1 tsp cinnamon 1g
- 2 tsp coconut sugar 8g
- In a bowl mix flour, ¼ cup of sugar, baking powder, 1 tsp of cinnamon and salt.
- Add aquafaba, oil and milk. Mix well with hands to form a sticky dough.
- Place into the fridge for an hour to set.
- Preheat air fryer to 160C.
- Remove dough from the fridge and roll into 12 golf ball sized balls.
- Mix together remaining cinnamon and sugar and roll each ball in the mix.
- Place some baking paper onto the air fryer basket and place the donut balls on to the baking paper.
- Cook in the air fryer for around 6 minutes or until crispy on the outside.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the air fryer before removing.
- Two balls is one serve.
146 calories per serve.
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to lose weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- Over 450 at home exercise workouts (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Weekly customisable, family, and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to over 4,500 of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.