Delicious Pork Fillet Jungle Curry the whole family will love
An easy to prepare and tasty Thai-inspired pork fillet recipe a jungle curry that will suit the whole family.
With this pork fillet recipe from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, you could also use chicken or beef instead of pork if you prefer. Adjust the level of chilli to suit you and your family’s tastes.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 1 cup basmati rice uncooked (180 grams)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil (10 mls)
- 600 grams pork fillet diced
- 1 brown onion diced (100 grams)
- 1 tbs red curry paste (16 grams)
- 1 tbs fresh lemongrass finely chopped (16 grams)
- 1 tbs fresh ginger minced (16 grams)
- 2 cloves garlic finely sliced (6 grams)
- 1 small red chilli diced (10 grams)
- 2 cups liquid chicken stock salt reduced (500 mls)
- 2 kaffir lime leaf sliced (0.5 grams)
- 1 cup tinned bamboo shoots drained (230 grams)
- 1 cup green beans sliced in half (120 grams)
- 1 tbs whole black peppercorns (16 grams)
- 1 tbs fish sauce (20 mls)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (15 grams)
- Cook rice according to packet directions.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and onion and stir fry for a few minutes to brown the pork and start cooking the onion.
- Add the curry paste, lemongrass, ginger, garlic and chilli.
- Stir to combine well and cook for a couple of minutes or until the mix is very fragrant.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add kaffir lime leaves, bamboo shoots, green beans, peppercorns and fish sauce.
- Stir to combine and simmer for another 5-10 minutes or until pork is tender and cooked through.
- Divide rice between four bowls and top with an even amount of the pork curry and sauce.
- Sprinkle over fresh basil leaves to serve.
- Leftover curry can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
This recipe contains 424 calories per serve.
Want more Healthy recipes like this Pork Fillet Recipe? Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
This recipe from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and is a yummy example of just SOME of the delicious, healthy and easy to make snacks and meals you can tuck in to.
With over 4,500 recipes to choose from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge helps you eat well (and deliciously) with ease and while losing weight.
You can learn more about our Challenge HERE.
Are You Ready To Become A Healthy Mummy?
If you’re looking for more easy, low-budget, healthy meals like this, you’ll love our Winter Weight Loss Challenge.
You’ll have access to 3,000 recipes, 28 days of customisable, breastfeeding-friendly meal plans each month as well as daily mum-friendly exercise plans.
Thousands of mums take part in our challenges every month and have lost 2 million kilos between them!
Prices start from less than a dollar a day. Learn More Now