Chocolate And Hazelnut Christmas Truffles
For a no-added-sugar Christmas gift, or a sweet festive treat for the family, why not try out these moorish chocolate truffles?
A classic truffle recipe would call for chocolate, cream and butter – but this recipe gets its richness and sweetness from dates and honey instead. If you’re following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge this December then you’re going to LOVE these.
- 2/3 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup pitted fresh dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp good quality cocoa powder + extra for dusting or try cacao
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp LSA
- 1 tsp nut butter such as almond or peanut
- 1 tbsp honey
- Place everything into a food processor and blend, blend, blend for 4-5 minutes.
- The dough will become sticky so prepare to get your hands dirty.
- Use slightly wet hands to carefully roll the mixture into balls.
- Sprinkle the balls with the extra cocoa powder and refrigerate overnight to set.
- For a gift, place the balls in some plastic gift wrap and seal with a ribbon.
Makes 12 truffles at 180 calories each.
Roll in either chopped nuts, cacao, desiccated coconut or a dusting of icing sugar (but just a sprinkle).
Want more sweet treats and baking recipes like this? Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is packed with delicious ideas that can be enjoyed as part of a healthy lifestyle.