Healthy Chocolate Peppermint Slice
Thank you to Healthy Mummy Shelly Robb for this fantastic recipe. Chocolate and mint work so well together, and this recipe proves that.
This slice is really fast to prepare, and will be a massive hit next time you are preparing morning or afternoon tea for friends or family.
- 12 medjool dates pitted (or 1 cup of pitted dates, soaked and drained)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tbs cacao or cocoa
- Pinch of salt optional
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract can use 1 tsp if you want it extra minty
- 2 tbs coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup pepita seeds
- 1 tbs desiccated coconut
- 40 grams dark chocolate I use 70%
- Blitz dates using food processor/blender until they create a paste.
- To the dates, add oats, cacao (cocoa), salt, mint and coconut oil.
- Add cashews, pepitas and coconut then blitz to your desired consistency.
- Press mixture very firmly into a lined slice tray/loaf pan or silicon moulds of your choice.
- Pop in fridge/freezer to set.
- While setting, melt chocolate using your preferred method.
- Remove slice from fridge/freezer and drizzle melted chocolate over the top.
- Cut into 12 pieces.
Keep stored in the fridge
Recipe makes 12 pieces at 126 calories each.
For more healthy recipes like this, why not join thousands of other mums on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge?